It seemed exceedingly cheesy, but as the typical romance unfolded, I really began to think.
I thought about what I wanted from someone, what it would take for me to fall in love again, and what the men in my life currently were or were not giving me.
I wanted someone who wasn't afraid to dance with me in the middle of the dance floor, even if no one else was dancing. I wanted a man who would traverse Europe with me, exploring as I loved to do. I wanted a man who would sing really loud with me in the car. I wanted someone who would listen to every silly thing I said, and laugh like he was in love with me. I wanted him to stroke my hair as I fell asleep. I wanted him to be smart, but not in a stuck up way, just someone who could keep up with me. I needed someone who loved to read. I wanted a man who was full of passion, and would fight for what he believed in. I wanted a man who was compassionate, and would understand if I was feeling down on myself, and that I needed a boost and know it wasn't his fault. I needed a man with a sense of romance, who knew how to treat me. I needed a man with dreams as big as mine.
I wasn't going to find him here, I felt.
In short, I needed someone like me.
Drat.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment