So...
He doesn't love me.
What do I do now?
I'm sometimes down on myself for this type of thing. I think, if only I'd been better, if only I'd worked harder, if only I was the right person for him. I know that you shouldn't do that. But I do.
I even ventured to believe that I was worth absolutely nothing.
The hardest it hits is when I feel like I'm a good person and it's doing nothing for me.
Why do I think this?
Well, for starters, he broke my heart. Into a million tiny pieces. And ground it up into the carpet. That is what it felt like. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't be happy for 15 minutes in 24 hours. I kept thinking about it.
I think, why do I have a big heart? Why do I care so much for other people? When it just hurts me SO MUCH?
I don't realize what's right in front of me.
People.
People I've comforted, people I've listened to cry, people I've checked in on periodically, people I've worked with, and just people. All these people cared that I was sad.
And yes, after they comforted me, I was still sad. Extremely sad.
But I had a better grip on life than I had at the same level of sadness a year ago. It warmed my heart that people responded to me. I know there are other people who don't get the same kind of attention.
So I feel a little more justified in keeping my big heart around.
Even if it causes me to fall and stumble sometimes, even if it causes a little hurt.
Because some good comes of it, even if I don't recognize it, consumed in my own pain.
I stay afloat.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you want to talk, you know how to find me. I promise I'll try not to shrink you.
--Zachary--
Post a Comment