Friday, January 2, 2009

Pinky Hugs and Little Kisses

Sometimes I get crazy.
The beauty of this is, he never leaves when I get crazy, he never questions or doubts me, he holds me safe in his arms.
I know by the little things he does that he loves me.
Like when we fall asleep together, and I rouse, he wakes. And in that small moment that he wakes, he pull me in tight for one small moment. Almost as if unconsciously, loving me silently in his mind.
Even though it annoys me, the way he says things to me, explains and points things out, takes the time to share his interests with me, so I can see what he sees.
When we wake in eachother's arms, I turn and he is there meeting me with a kiss, that is soft and sweet.
In the moments we are driving in his car, he instinctively reaches out and puts his hand on my thigh, as if to make sure I'm still there.
His facebook status updates that I am know are for me, but always ask so he will clarify, as he says he feels warm again and wants to make the right decisions for me and misses me and dreams about me all the time.
If something upsets me he is there to change it, fix it, and make himself better for me.
The thoughtfulness of taking me out some place where I can eat. The warmth of my name on menus.
When he bites his lip because he fears he's done something wrong.
The texts in the morning waking me, telling me he misses me.
Telling me he loves me.
Not drinking at the party or taking advantage of me while I'm unawares and holding my head in his chest, as I am sick, protecting me.
Picking me up and throwing me down on the bed as if he's missed me in the small moments we've been apart.
In the car driving, he has to shift but our pinkies are intertwined and keeps me safe.
Sweet little kisses everywhere, all over me, as if he is afraid of breaking me, being gentle and sweet.
This is how I know. And I count the moments between pinky hugs and little kisses.

No comments: