Friday, December 25, 2009

Poison

I felt the vapors wash over me, making me sweat.
It was then my phone vibrated.
Expecting to hear from Chase, or any number of friends still getting out their Merry Christmases, I picked it up slowly and thoughtlessly.
Imagine my surprise when I found out it was from him.
I felt electricity run through me, and not the good kind, when I saw his name lighting the screen.
His words were kind, but they felt like poison. They felt like razors slicing me open and spilling my guts. I started to cry. How was this fair? He wanted to make amends, I suppose, but I didn't want it. I wasn't ready to forgive, or be friends. I still wanted to try to shut him out of my life completely.
The tears gone, my stomach turned.
We were done. I didn't want him in my life.
I let go.

No comments: