I was a little nervous going into it, but also excited. Which led to a strange anxious feeling as we finally decided to sit down.
I had no idea what to get.
So Patrick suggested the Amber Ale. It came and I was nervous, wondering at all those around the table, wondering if they would judge me for my lack of knowledge, and all too conscious that they would watch my face as I took my first sip.
It was light, and a tiny bit bitter. But it melted to a soft, warm aftertaste. After a few sips, I could feel a little warmth in my tender cheeks as the blood rushed to them.
The food was delicious, and the balsamic and mozzarella on bruschetta sent me to heaven. A few bites of nachos, and I felt a slight sting on my tongue that strangely complimented the warmth in my cheeks.
The talking was a harmonious chatter, filling the background in my head almost subconsciously. The lights were dim, which bugged me at first, but as the night progresses I didn't notice that either. I felt warm and relaxed, and I finally understood why people went out for a beer after work.
It was good to finally have a good beer, and drink just for that beer, and not choke it down like some indelible mixer that would have me dancing around the room. It was nice just to be relaxed, in a dim room with good food and wonderful people.
It was strange, but I had an epiphany in that moment.
Life was just to precious to worry. Life was just to short to fidget, and waste time wondering at what people though of you. I knew that I would be ok, and life would go on, no matter how stressed I was. I wanted to be alive, to be a girl. I wanted to flirt, I wanted to go to small quiet parties, drink a little and have fun. I wanted to meet new people, and succeed at what I did. I wanted to live.
I felt heady as I sat there, and as I left. It was soft kind of heady that made me feel just the slightest bit like a feather, floating on borrowed breezes.
I had a really nice time tonight and contemplated other quiet nights over drinks with close friends.
aaaahhhh. Sigh of relief.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment