We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder.
This song was sticking in my head.
I don't know why it was distressing me so much.
He always wanted to leave. He could say no to me, and I couldn't say no to him. That was the most frustrating thing in the world. I didn't want to beg him to stay for 15 more minutes. In the end he did, but it felt a little hollow.
I was a passionate individual.
There was no halfway for me.
If I was going to do this, I wanted to do it. I didn't want to be held back by silly important intentions. I knew things were important, but why did he always have to cut our time so short? I wanted just one long afternoon that turned into night that turned into morning. That was a lot to ask, but it was what I was so used to.
I knew I couldn't have it. But that didn't stop me from wanting it.
For one day I just wanted him to give up on everything else and just be mine. Monday nights weren't right for that, but Saturday nights were. I just didn't want to want this so much more.
So I could feel myself getting frustrated.
But there was nothing I could do. No demands I could make.
Why did he even come over tonight if he was only going to stay for less than 2 hours?
I was perfectly fine keeping this night to myself until he made the suggestion.
I was used to negotiating minutes, even if my negotiating turned me up for broke. I was used to being in a situation with someone who had many minutes to accommodate my negotiating. This was good, giving me time to study. But that didn't change how I felt, like I simply hadn't satiated my desire.
Evil thoughts crossed my brain and I tried to block them out, imagining myself with a sword and a shield, battling them for the country.
Was I supposed to feel this deflated?
"We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder. We belong the sound of the words we've both fallen under. Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better, we belong, we belong, we belong together."
~ We Belong by Pat Benatar
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment