It was funny.
I wasn't the kind of girl who always liked to look put together and professional.
I wasn't the girl who always had to have every hair in place, nails perfect, makeup perfect, clothes perfect.
I wasn't the girl who blended in.
I wasn't the girl who dressed maniacally sexy.
I wasn't beautiful.
I found myself slipping into a sort of cuteness. Everyone would agree. An adjective used to describe me was cute. I would still prance around in skirts, rain galoshes, and heart sunglasses. (although I've never worn these all at the same time, I'm willing to try ;)) My face was just...one of those cute faces. Mostly. I didn't ever feel like my style said much else. I was a lace girl.
Would there be a time I would be more?
"If looks could kill, they probably will in games without frontiers, war without tears."
~ Peter Gabriel
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment