Thursday, April 2, 2009

"I can't tell you that I won't hurt you, but I'll promise to try. Everybody wants a piece of pie honey, but I just want him alive."

I wasn't actually sure why I was upset.
I could kind of feel like I was overreacting. And the fact that I was wrong for some reason drove me to more anger. Like the fact that I was the problem made me horribly sad, and the way I reacted to that was to be as upset as possible to see if he would still care for me.
I played by an odd set of rules.
And I hated being wrong.
Or rather, not being wrong, but being a problem.
I just wanted him to want me no matter how horrible I was to him. And granted, I wasn't really all that bad, but I did create points of tension every now and again. I gave him a hard time, and even though he made it clear some of the things upset him. I was joking, wasn't I?
I didn't know anymore.
From this moment on I was going to try to be more conscious of his needs. I was aware sometimes with the people I was closest to I was the neediest.
"I can't tell you that I won't hurt you, but I'll promise to try. Everyone wants a piece of pie honey, I just want him alive."
~ From Swing Gently by Leona Naess

No comments: