Friday, May 22, 2009

The Clock is Ticking

I'm pretty sure it's been 24 hours since last contact.
I figured I better get used to it.
But what was the point of being in a relationship if you felt like you were single anyway? If you got all of the restrictions and none of the benefits?
Except, the flip side was a broken heart.
I didn't want to be away from him, but time with him was extremely scarce, and getting more scarce. And now I was hearing from him for 24 hours. I hated this.
I was sure if we were strong enough to make it through 2 years apart. I had no car so it would be next to impossible to visit him, factoring in the parents as well. Especially if he moved to Santa Cruz with Nate.
My mother hated Nate.
And to me, it seemed ludicrous that he didn't know where he was going but he still planned to go. Location seemed a critical point. But it's not like he would tell me where he was going anyhow. He would tell other people, while I was standing there. Even though I had asked him and his response was: "nothing is set in stone."
We needed to talk.
And I didn't know if anything would change.

No comments: