Didn't she remember what it was like to be my age?
There was no relenting on the judgment. I was going out for a walk, with her. And for what. To have her tell me I needed to change. I didn't want to change. I had enough judgment in my life to not want any from her about my outfit. It was comfy. I liked my pajama pants and they were my chaco flip flops. The comfy ones. I wouldn't have a problem getting up the hill in those. And fuck the neighbors. I don't care if my top was skimpy. It wasn't that bad. It wasn't even spaghetti strap and I liked how it looked. It wasn't fair. I didn't care if it was Sunday. I wasn't going to buy in to this stupid neighborhood, I did not care. I was free to dress how I liked and I didn't think it looked bad. Plus, it was summer and it was hot. Fuck the damn neighbors and their damn judgment.
And to add insult to injury, he was not gone. Well, he was, but not forever. Although I had scoured the schedule, he was merely in Europe. God help me, he was coming back. Mark Russell was coming back to invade my perfectly happy life. I don't know how I was going to handle him. But maybe if I was lucky since I went to school in the day I would never have to deal with the perfectly miserable creature. Apparently he had kept busy in my absence with many women and multiple sexual partners. God the man was a walking STD.
No one said it better than Heidi, the girl I barely wanted to speak to, but totally agreed with in her moments. I could have done so much better than him. And I did. I did SO much better. Blame it on the summer haze...but I had been deluded, and would be deluded no more. However, after cutting off all communication with someone, you kind of burn the bridges and open yourself up to scorn. Not that it didn't need to be done...oh wow how it needed to be done. But...dealing with him was going to be difficult.
Way to start out the summer.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment