Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life's Like an Hourglass Glued to the Table

Did you ever feel so incredibly numb?
It was the most dangerous moment in a car I had ever experienced. And I didn't care.
I felt so unaware of life. My mind went completely blank. I almost forgot where I was. I could have crashed and died. And I was struggling to care. Everything was just so...blank. I struggled--completely fought to stay alert and alive. But the moments slipped away from me.
I wanted to be alive to my life. I wanted to feel passion and love. But in this moment, this one dangerous moment, I felt nothing. Not love, not passion, not disappointment, not anger, not anything.
I was fast I was slow I braked harshly I turned sharply. Nothing woke me from my daze.
I tripped over words to feel.
Then a song came on.

No comments: