Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hey Soul Sister

I had found Sara.
Somewhere amongst the bright new clothes and driving with the window open looking at the leaves, I knew. I knew she was still there, ready to be her, shining and beautiful.
She knew what she loved and hated, she knew what she liked and didn't, she knew where she was going and what she wanted, but also knew life still had some surprises ready to teach her more about life. Life sucked sometimes, but she could hold onto herself, right here.
Plan for body peace breakdowns:
1. Buy some new cute clothes.
2. Put on whatever looks best if #1 isn't an option.
3. If that doesn't work, but on your favorite bikini and dance around.
4. Get a boy to do something for you without flirting ;)
5. Take a shower. Get dolled up.
In the worst of situations, sometimes body peace wasn't the problem. The problem was Sara, shutting herself and her emotions down.
1. Talk to a friend.
2. Dress sexy, and walk around like you own the place.
3. Hug everyone you see.
4. Remember everything you do.
5. Stay busy with all those things you remembered.
6. Go for a hike, go for a swim, get your body moving and refuse to think.
7. Find a new obsession.
8. Get lost in an old one.
9. Go look at the leaves, get lost in nature.
This was a pact I was making with myself. To be better. To be Sara.
And I knew she could do it.

"The smell of you in every single dream I dream...Hey soul sister, ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo the way you move ain't fair you know."
~ Hey Soul Sister, Train

No comments: