Hot water massaged my back as I contemplated this new me.
As large droplets fell repeatedly upon me, I looked down at myself. I viewed my body differently, now a year from all that had past.
It didn't hold the same power as it once had (at least in my mind). And I didn't use it to get what I wanted anymore. It wasn't a tool. It was still mine, however, and I wanted to say I very much treasured it. But I failed to see the same innate beauty I had seen it before, now, in this form. The water washed over me, somehow revealing to me how I now regarded the physical containment of my personality and soul.
It is one year since I "launched" this blog. (give a couple of days.) And exactly one year since I began to regard my body with the sort of power I know had somehow been lost. I wasn't sure if this was good or bad.
I can't imagine myself ever being the same.
I glowed in the warmth my personality and soul was treasured for, however. What was severely lacking there in recognition of its beauty was now brought to light.
People loved my heart.
I went back to thinking about blue waters, the lake, so close and so surreal looking. In a moment, I would be under the surface, but I contained myself. Cold or not, the water rushing across my extremities would somehow bring me peace. Nature would bring me peace. It took everything I had not to dive in headfirst.
My soul flowered infinitely in that moment. And longed to be fulfilled and seen for the beauty it contained. My mind made a note of such progress and promised to try to give it the love it deserved, and respect the physical container which housed it.
The mind promised to love the soul that loved all.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment