Sunday, October 11, 2009

Waking Up

I shook the grogginess from my eyes this morning.
And decided I need to rid him from my life if I was ever going to be happy again.
Because he didn't make me happy.
I wanted to shake it off, like an old, dead skin. I wanted to wake up in the light and air and earth.
Music pulsed through my veins and cheered me up immeasurably. I could feel it like a light trying to escape my body. It was happy and loving, it was joyful and cheery. It was what I needed.
Like my sudden cold, I wanted to shake his disease away and be happy. I wanted to find myself again, find all the things that had made me so happy, find the moments where my life felt balanced. I wanted to shake the weird emotions that came with this funk.
"It's wonderful, it's wonderful, it's wonderful, good luck my baby. It's wonderful, it's wonderful, it's wonderful, I dream of you. Chips, chips."
~ Via Con Me by Paul Conte

No comments: