Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cuban Revolver

The water was so warm and relaxing. Then I pulled the plug.
As the water drained, I stayed in the tub and felt it leave my body. It reminded me of The Princess Bride.
"Instead of sucking water, I'm sucking life." ~ Count Rugen
The pull was draining me. It did feel a little like it was sucking something from my body. I was slightly disturbed but more intrigued than anything. I let it suck the life from me, lowering, pulling my life down the drain.
Today just felt...tired. I was suffering death by cuban revolver.
A cuban revolver is a coffee drink with six shots of expresso in it and a touch of vanilla. I literally thought I was going to have a heart palpatation.
I realized *maybe* why they named it that. The boy sitting next to me tasted it and said it tasted like a cigar. I just thought it tasted like coffee, except I've never tasted a cigar. Hence the cuban part. And six shots. Revolvers had six bullets, hence six "shots." Clever. A cuban revolver.
My chest felt funny the entire night. I knew my heart was beating too fast. My mind was aching for sleep but my body felt as if I had stuck my finger in a socket.
I felt drunk, but instead of moving slower, the world was moviing faster, so time seemed to pass in dragging phases. That may not make sense, but your actions feel slower drunk, so time flies, right? Opposite effect with caffeine. I couldn't stop giggling.
We climbed in the car and I knew.
I had a weakness for really smooth, sexy cars. Cars that never second guessed, cars you could feel the power radiating from. Car that were smooth on the inside, full of darkness and mystery. Cars I wish I was riding next to the driver, him wanting me there in the front seat.
Sexy cars.
What a terrible, terrible weakness. Stupid mustang...
That night sleep didn't come easy, and I felt jittery when I woke up. The sleep was shallow and anxious. I felt the sickness collide with me instantly upon waking.
I suffered death by cuban revolver.

No comments: