Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Steam

It's late and I'm so tired my eyes feel dry and wrinkly. Like I've aged in spite of myself.
I just needed to blow off a little steam before I went to bed.
I always get a little grouchy and frustrated when I am up late work on something and this time was no exception. I knew going to bed now and getting up tomorrow would be a good plan at this point. I had hit the assignment wall from which there was no return. I was trying to work but couldn't.
I was also in my deluded realizaton state. That state where I realized how stupid things were, and was able to take a couple of groggy steps backward.
I loved school, I loved learning. I didn't need a man in my life to make me happy (although it was a nice distraction) and I didn't need to be married.
It was just too early for me. Well, and it wasn't like anyone was making offers. I had a career to pursue.
I though of something today.
I have something a lot of kids my age don't have.
Conviction.
I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I stand by what I am doing 100%. That scares some people. It confuses many.
Ok. I am too tired to do this. But hopefully this helps.

No comments: