Saturday, July 25, 2009

On the other side of the Glass

It's strange, how your perceptions of people can often be...changed.
How you can perceive people, and yet find that they are completely different.
I know it sounds cliche, but it is so weird to actually experience this feeling for yourself.
Like his roommate. I didn't know much about him, but what I did know convinced me that this guy was just too cool. Like he would look down upon me and who I was, and that he would have a good reason for doing so.
And although he might have still, just a little bit, it was strange to find out he is just as insecure as I am, and a good deal moodier...
Or how people I had crushed on in high school...I fell in love with who I thought they were, and since most of the time they were the quiet type, they never said a word to contradict my thoughts. Haha, what would I have done if they actually liked me back?
I wonder at how many times I have passed through the door to the other side, to see someone differently, to see them inside.
How many people I've missed out on.
How many people I've wasted my time with.
Who could have been a true friend and a real ally, given the chance.
I guess it's all perfect circumstance, and you have to look at whichever side of the looking glass that faces you, keeping in mind it is a reflection of your own thoughts, not theirs, and try to be open and forgiving, so they will let you on the other side.

No comments: