Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'll Eat My Candy With The Pork and Beans

I thought about Mark again today.
It was silly because I was just thinking about what would happen when we finally worked together again. And strangely enough, I didn't care. I didn't care what he thought.
Because I was living a life I could be proud of for once.
Life had taken me so many unimaginable places lately...it had put me in a fairly healthy relationship (far healthier than I would have been with him), it had given me leadership opportunities I had risen to, and it had granted new and meaningful friendships. I was different inside and outside. I was more confident. I wasn't the same girl he tried to take advantage of.
It just didn't matter. It didn't matter at all.
I was who I was, quirks and all. I had learned to be more proud of them, and more free with my emotion. I know it might be sad, but to have someone else recognize me for those things, and point them out and want to be with me because of them really gave me confidence. I wanted to hold on to that confidence. And I think I would, from now on. Sure I had low points, but I was proud of who I was.
Mark who?

"I'mma do the things that I wanna do, I ain't got a thing to prove to you. I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans, excuse my manners if I make a scene. I ain't gonna wear the clothes that you like, I'm fine and dandy with the me inside. One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink, I don't give a hoot about what you think."
~Pork and Beans, Weezer

No comments: