Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baby Steps

After saying every hurtful word I could say to him, I felt a little bit better.
It was all off my chest.
Even though I missed him desperately, I recognized my heart didn't ever want him back. He wasn't the same guy that I met a year ago. He wasn't the same man that cared for me. Now he was a boy who needed to find himself and stop hurting me.
It made me sad, but I couldn't try anymore. I could tell him all the things he had done wrong, and he could say he was sorry (he wouldn't) and I still wouldn't be able to be happy there. But that didn't stop me from sifting through the good memories that I still clung to and still wished were the way he felt about me.
But the simple truth is that wasn't the way it was anymore, or the way it had been for a long time. And as much as that broke my heart, it was the way it was.

"And the hardest part was letting go, not taking part. That was the hardest part."
~ Hardest Part, by Coldplay

No comments: