Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The 2nd Day

To quote Bilbo Baggins, I felt like butter scraped over too much bread.
I was stretched increasingly thin. Everything was a race to the finish.
And it looked to be that way for a while.
All my homework needed to be done, and I couldn't get it done until the day before, let alone take care of my extracurricular activities.
And on top of that I think I was developing a crush on this kid in my Gender class.
Great.
I thought for a minute, well, at least this is distracting. When my mind sits to itself for a minute, at least I can make him a character in my endless fantasy world.
My imagination tends to run rampant. I envision all these possible scenarios with people, imagining they feel a certain way, or would act a certain way in a certain situation. It plays out in my head for a minute, and I am entertained.
Since all I knew about him was his blog entries for our class, that he liked to talk in class, he was a nerd (he had a lightsaber in his userpic) and that he used to be a smoker, it was easy.
I could make him into a character in my fake life.
This sounds a little crazy, to be sure. But it wasn't like I thought my fake life was going to come true, or that I was enthralled with it. It was just an easy way to keep my mind occupied without going crazy.
I also created situations to talk to him or cross paths with him. I wondered if he did the same. I could imagine, couldn't I?
So wow.
I think I have a crush on the kid in my Gender class.

No comments: