Not to sound cliche, but...
I could see a little bit of hope peeking over the horizon, streaming in my window. My eyes were alight with a small flame of bright light. It was only a small light, but I knew this was the beginning. The beginning of the end of this slump. The end of this constant apathy.
My heart felt a little lighter, my feelings a litte more in tune. This seems also cliche and silly to say, but I felt like a guitar. With patience and calm, the strings played together perfect, a light strum letting out a subtle melody. All the colors of spring and summer played on my eyelids, intermixed with green leaves in that one strum.
I saw flashes of hope, flashes of the future. It looked bright. Until now I had only had very brief glimpses, that didn't really give me enough to hold on to. But now there was the dawn. I could cheer a little, see the flush in my pale cheeks, see the green sparkle in my hazelnut eyes. I could look at myself and see someone beautiful.
The reappearance of the real sun had something to do with it, I'm sure. I was out of the winter slum. I was out of the darkness and the dank. I was out of the winter doldrums.
I longed to don breezy cotton summer dresses, walk barefoot, and dance in the sun. I loved skirts and flip flops, sun screen and twin popsicles. The light was finally coming through for me. I couldn't wait to find myself on a beach, which I knew would happen once this summer, at very least when I went to visit Adriana. I loved and missed her so much, and the sun-kissed promise of summer seemed too sweet to suffer waiting for.
Hopefully I would find myself on more than one beach this summer :)
Beaches were my home away from home. I hoped to see a lot of sunshine, as I had many summers in a row. I longed for days of tans and odd swimsuit lines...bikinis and sand.
I just wanted to go. Have the days of summer and possibility be here. Music pumping, windows down here.
"I'm a new soul, I came to this strange world, hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take. But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear, finding myself making every possible mistake."
~ New Soul By Yael Naim
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment