Sunday, February 21, 2010

Easy Like a Sunday Morning

I was beginning to understand.
I couldn't see any bad in the world because I was well loved. I was surrounded by people who cared about me and cared about my future. I was surrounded by people who needed me, and I needed in return. I was surrounded by people who got me, and who I understood in return. I was surrounded by people who saw me as a good person.
Now that I didn't pin my expectations and feelings all on one person, life had become a little easier.
I woke up in the softness of it all. Talking to people I cared about, who valued my opinions as I valued theirs. I left with my mother to walk the greyhounds in the brisk weather, feeling the sheer power of the dog next to me, feeling it in my own body. Holding a warm cup of coffee, sipping the warmth and sweetness slowly, feeling it heat my insides. Coming back home to my housemates, playing the beatles and singing along with them.
My life felt so grounded right now.
This felt like a major accomplishment, and I wish everyone could see how far I had come, and not how I had been before.
But that's not something I could control, and I just let it roll away.
"Do you believe, in what you feel? There doesn't seem to be anybody else who seems to agree with me."
~ In the Waiting Line by Zero 7

No comments: