Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fish in the Sea

I made the tiniest realization today.
Whether it be because I had low self-esteem, or because I was immature...dating made me manic.
I thought about it now that I had reached the place where I was now. I pinned all these expectations and feelings on relationships, and when I was let down, my entire life view was temporarily destroyed. That wasn't how I was normally. It was just how I was in a relationship. I let the other person command my self worth and value.
Yes, I know this sounds a little ridiculous.
But the way we think of love in society is so...lending to this view of myself. The idea that someday someone will love us and it will be wonderful, someday someone will see our true value.
It's a system that's setting us up to fail.
At least, it set me up to fail.
I don't realize my value as I am. I don't see myself clearly. I placed all this value on someone really seeing me, instead of friends.
Love was great. And I would find it. Someday.
I would have to grow up a little, I think.

No comments: