The easy, cool weather and the calm mood reminded kept me happy.
I listened to John Mayer. John Mayer always reminded me of fall. Fall was my favorite season, so you can imagine that John Mayer was very close to my heart for that reason.
I suppose this was because of one memory, a special memory that I haven't ever been able to forget.
Every fall, my parents would drive us up Logan Canyon to look and the leaves, and even sometimes gather leaves. My favorite were always the strikingly red--a red that looked almost unreal in all it's brightness. Fall was my favorite season because it was a season of new beginnings--a new school year, new clothes, a new age. My birthday was in autumn, so I suppose that persuaded me a little bit. This particular day, it was just my mom, my brother Grey, and I driving up the decorated canyon. While some have said fall is just signs of death, I've never been able to see it. It's just the flair before the long sleep. The last party for the year. This drive, my mom put Room for Squares in the CD player. It was the first time I had heard the CD, and I loved it from the get go. All the leaves flashing past me in the front seat, accompanied by this calm audio. My mother talked to me, a long conversation, even contemplating John Mayer's possible Asperger's Syndrome. We had one of our only really good long talks.
Long after this drive, I always associated John Mayer with the leaves and the calm car ride. What I wuoldn't give to be back there, doing the same thing, again.
"I want to run through halls of my high school, I want to scream at the top of my lungs, I just found out there's no such thing as a real world, just a lie you've got to rise above."
~ No Such Thing by John Mayer
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment