"It's up to you."
These and many other words passed through her lips. Directed at me. She told me I was going to change the world.
That was quite a hefty load to tote around. And I have a feeling that I would be a little egocentric to think that I actually would. But I could try, right? My 8th grade English teacher Mrs. Nielsen didn't award me "Most Likely to Change the World" for nothing.
Maybe I really was going to change the world.
I wanted to change the world. I wanted to affect change. I wanted to believe I could do it. My heart was so big. I knew sometimes I wasn't right, and sometimes I was short-sighted, but I was learning. I could recognize the wrongs I had done. I could also recognize my potential.
Maybe she was just stroking my ego. But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was finally being part of things. Big things.
New York, here I come.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment