Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome Back

The world was moving so quickly now. I barely had a spare moment to breathe.
But I still felt a pain in my chest.
Beneath my rib cage, I felt pressure. My heart felt as if pressed between the walls of a small metal box, enough to fit, but too small to allow any efficient beating. The feeling was localized in my chest area, accompanied by a small neighing of anxiety from the pit of my stomach.
All sound was dimmed. It was as if my ears were in a different world. Sound didn't seem to reach them as loudly or as quickly. I was a little lost to the world.
I felt so emotionally closed off.
My heart hurt. I felt like I was drowning. Slowly, agonizingly. I still had had feelings for him, but his words stung me and made me withdraw. My emotions closed in on themselves. If he cared about me, this wasn't the way to show it.
The way he said how he had had feelings for me until now burned me at the fingertips. He had apologized, but never really retracted his comments. Like he shouldn't have said those things, but he still meant them.
I wasn't sure I could ever trust anyone again.
Or at least...not for a long time.
I waited slowly for this pain to pass, and reveled in the quickly passing hours.
The world seemed so apart from me.
My lives with them so separate, so unreal, so fake. Like they were a faintly passing dream that pained me.
I just wanted the pain and the betrayal and the sadness and the feeling to go away.

No comments: